Donald Trump claims his brand alone is worth over $3 billion. Love him or loathe him, one has to admit his marketing is brilliant and his underdog presidential campaign, which has now earned him an estimated $2 BILLION in free media coverage, is nothing short of extraordinary.
Clearly, this man is adept at exploiting his intellectual property to the fullest degree.
I find myself wondering what would a mega- branded presidency actually look like? After all, this man has made BILLIONS by putting his name on everything. Would the White House become his next real estate project, complete with a Trump re-branding? Here, I’ve presented some of the ways Trump might re-brand the presidency.
1. Formerly known as the White House, the residence of the first family now becomes known as “The Trump House,” pursuant to a licensing deal between Trump and the American people, and gets a complete makeover in 24k gold and marble.
2. Inauguration Day: Trump Natural Spring Water (yes, there is such a thing), launches a commemorative edition that is sold at corner kiosks along the parade route to throngs of spectators waiting in the cold for five hours at $25 a bottle.
3. Camp David is turned into Camp Donald, a luxury golf resort with an initiation fee of $200,000 and annual dues of $50,000.
4. All Secret Service agents are required to wear uniforms provided by the Donald J. Trump Collection.
5. All heads of state are given a complimentary bottle of Empire by Trump cologne and a copy of Trump: The Art of the Deal as required reading before any meeting with the President.
6. Already the owner of an airplane to be named Trump Force One, Air Force One is sold at auction to finance Oval Office renovations.
7. Celebrity Apprentice is re-launched as Presidential Veto, a reality-show following the President as he forces the House and Senate to first complete a series of humiliating tasks meant to belittle and mock their ideas before they are gathered and systematically fired as Trump vetoes a bill.
I always tell my clients: your brand may be one of your most valuable assets in business, make sure you protect it and build its value, you never know what doors a solid brand might open. In the case of Trump, his mega brand might even open the doors of the White House.